How to use RSS in the Events module
This gives a brief overview of how to use the RSS feature of the DNN Events module
There is a section in the module settings - RSS Settings. It includes: a check box to enable; a drop down to select what date to use as the publication date (I figured that some people may wish to use a different date to the one I might decide on); the number of past days of data to include in the feed; a feed title; and a feed description.
Ticking the check box enables the RSS icon in the module Icon Bar. It doesn't use the syndicate option with the module menu, so you can turn that off. I figured it gave more flexibility putting inside the container, that way if people aren't using a container they can still have the RSS feed showing.
The feed includes Title/Description/Image/Location/Category/Priority in the main feed. The Title and Description are customisable through the modules templating capability. Category, Location and Priority (not Normal Priority) are also added as feed Categories, so your feed reader should be able to filter by them.
You can also supply parameters via the URL. You can sub select by:-
- DaysBefore - Number of days before today
- DaysAfter - Number of days after today
- CategoryName - Name of category
- CategoryID - ID of category
- LocationName - Name of location
- LocationID - ID of location
- Importance - Priority Number - 1,2,3
- Priority - Priority name - Low, Medium or Normal, High - In English or local language
- OwnerName - DisplayName of Owner
- OwnerID - ID of Owner
- MaxNumber - Number of events
Consequently you can now use a URL such as ‘…/400/DesktopModules/Events/EventRSS.aspx?mid=398&tabid=36&LocationName=Test&DaysBefore=100'
to select events occurring at the 'Test' location in the last 100 Days.