This is a serious release of Events.DNN 6 form pattern
- We have take the full route towards DNN6: most notably the incorporation of the DNN6 form pattern with streamlined UX/UI. We have also tried to change all formatting to a div based structure. A daunting task, since the Events module contains a lot of forms. Roger has done a splendid job by going through all the forms in great detail, replacing all table style layouts into the new DNN6 div class="dnnForm XXX"
type of layout with changes to all the underlying fields. Support for DST and User Time Zone
- A long awaited and wanted feature: full support for Daylight Saving Time (DST). We could finally incorporate this into the modules, since DNN 6/.NET 3.5 has full support for DST. Not a simple task, and it involved a lot of code changes. This change should be beneficial to all who live in a TZ/DST environment and who organise and publish Events with the Events module. Since both Roger and I do not live in a country with different timezones (we never had to take this into account for our own use) , we encourage all that do live in a TZ split up country to give this feature a serious round of tests.Clean Install script
- We have created a fresh clean database install script that executes as version 05.02.04 when the module is installed for the first time. Version 05.02.04 is not an Events version that has been released. We used this intermediate version # to create new database scripts. All previous changes of the database objects since the early ages (version 03.03.00) have been taken into account into a clean install. This clean install executes much faster, since all intermediate changes of the database could be skipped and we end up with the final version in one big step. Do not fear to be left behind. If you want to upgrade a current Events version to version 06.00.00, we have created a 05.02.04 upgrade script as well, so your end result will be the same: fresh install or upgrade.SQL Azure compliant
- We have taken special care to make the Events module SQL Azure compliant. We reviewed all incompatible SQL statements and replaced them with SQL Azure compliant ones.
There is more
The above items are only the highlights
. We have changed more to make the events module even more useful. Since this is a serious set of changes, we encourage you all to give this new version a test before upgrading your production environment. As always, start with a test environment and be sure to backup your production environment before installing any update, including this version of Events.
Events 06.00.00 will work for any DNN version 6.1.2 and up.
Please review and rate this release... (stars are welcome)
- Colorpicker of categories does not work with DNN6.
- Export to desktop in Events Module does not handle DST correctly.
- iCal url does not allow users to copy URL. Fixed.
- Option for Enrolments - Only Allow Free Events.
- Calendar Image Resize.
- Category DropDown Menu.
- Sorting in repeater view.
- Add DST and User Time Zone support.
- Missing token for edit button.
- Enable css based positioning of bottom icon bar.
- SET NOCOUNT ON improves Stored Procedure performance in SQL Server
- Support creation of fresh install script from verion 6.0.0.
- Implement new Icon API in DNN 6.
- Remove use of TABLE based layouts.
- Change .dnn file from .dnn5 to .dnn6.
- Ensure module supports DNN 6 popups correctly.
- Standardise on DNN 6 Error Messaging.
- URL Detail character limit.
- Create a clean SQL install script for new major release.
- Remove deprecated api calls.