What is the DotNetNuke Events module?
The Events module is part of the standard core modules of DotNetNuke, the web content management system and web application framework. DotNetNuke® Events manages display of upcoming events as a list in chronological order or in calendar format with additional information and links set to automatically expire or re-occur by days, weeks, months or years.
Suggestions? Features? Questions?
- Visit the Events Project Forum on DotNetNuke.com
- Visit the Events home page on DotNetNuke.com
- Add bugs or feature requests to the Issue Tracker. Help us shape the Events module with your feedback!
- Read more about the Events module on our Blog on DotNetNuke.com
An overview of functions and possibilities of the Events module
The Events module support various way of displaying events, all handled by selectable CSS based themes that can be created and modified.
| Calendar month view || List view |
| || |
| Week view || Detail view |
| || |
See Event views
for more information.
Various types of Events
Different types of events can be entered using event settings to specifiy details. The module can prevent time conflicts and/or location conficts of different events.
- Single Events
- Recurring Events with period until per day, week, day of week, month, day of month, every 1st etc of month, annual
- Whole day events, events with or without end time, multi day spanning events
- Edit series in once edit individual entries from a serie, delete individual entries from a serie
- Copy existing event to new event
- Copy recurring events to new series of Events
- WIth and /or without image display
Security settings with workflow support
Event edit and an approval rights, maintenance of standard tables like category and location can be assigned to different roles and/or users
- Edit Locations
- Edit Categories
- Add & Approve Events
- Edit & Approve enrollment
Optional enrollments for Events
If specified, visitors can enroll for events with various validations and settings
- Enrollment for registered users
- Enrollment approval cycle or automatic enrollment
- Enrollment with limited number of possible attendees
- Free Enrollment of payed (PayPal) enrollment
- Enrollment of a specified number of people
Users can be notified by e-mail on events related to events:
- New Event created
- A reminder in a selected time before the Event
- New users enrolled
- Users approved and/or denied for enrollment
The Events module supports themes (skins): standard themes are installed automatically, custom themes can be created and uploaded by the user.
See Event themes
for more samples of Event themes
HomeEvent viewsEvent settingsTemplating Event viewsEvent themes